Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hot Pink and Lime Green Ruffle Address Book Make-Over

So I got a new address book this weekend... okay no, I got an address book this week... my previous address book was lined paper that I managed to keep from Christmas last year... that actually is a BIG deal because we moved after Christmas... and I loose everything.

So I made this little address book cover.... I love it... I am waiting for my new fabric to come in to make on for my "mom planner" yes I have one... but last year I lost it... probably because it wasn't cool with a cover... but now that I know how to sew I will make myself one... AND I WILL NOT LOOSE IT.

(I found it the other day when hubby cleaned the garage... he said he found it in the car and put it in the garage in January after the move... HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT???... I bet you are asking that right now right? or you are saying stop talking kati, move on to the pictures kati... okay, so here they are)

Before: black + store bought= BORING



After... Hot Pink + Lime Ruffles= SO SUPER CUTE!






Linking to:



Creations by Kara





5 comments:

  1. This looks great! I would love one for the standard size composition notebooks. That would be so fun to carry around in my purse for meetings and workshops.



    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking, how did you do the ruffles for the cover?!

    Justine
    eplusjustin at yahoo dot com
    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better in hot pink and lime than boring old black! Does the cover slip on and off or did you permanently fix it! Looks great!

    Thanks for linking this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill it slips on and off, really quick and easy, I like it this way so that I can clean it if the kids get it or anything like that.

    Justine... make a ruffle like you would normally, baste a line, and do the same on the other side... then pull, sew over it and you have a double ruffle... these are my FAvORITE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great I have an address book that needs the same treatment.

    ReplyDelete