Thursday, September 2, 2010

Art Work for the Playroom

So we moved way back in February for a couple of reasons, one was that we needed another room for the kids, Peyton is a loud sleeper and enjoys waking all those around her up. The second was we needed a room for the kids to play in. have the toys in and just generally spread out.

I'm not sure how many of you have ever lived in a townhouse but most people who live in the lower mainland, and that are around my age, live in townhouses, it is just the only affordable way of owning your own.... walls I guess you could say.

We searched HIGH and low (sorry Tyler... our realtor... OH SO PATIENT, if you are ever looking here in Vancouver he is the best I promise!!!) But anyways, we found this house after almost a year of looking, and this was unique because it had a playroom/den in the basement... I fell in love and immediately started to plot my decorating.

1 year later... (we bought in October)some Scotland Isle Green paint, some white, artwork from the past, a white floater shelf from ikea, abc frame from walmart pictures of by babies and we are 80% there!!!

hmmm.... it is still missing something.... so about 2 months ago I was blogurfing (blog surfing) and went to Ucreate's site, she featured artwork found on Make It Perfect's site, which was artwork from Leanne...

I FELL IN LOVE!!! I love words as pictures on walls and this was right up my ally.... better yet they are free!!!! So I printed them off in different sizes, 8x10,5x7 and 4x6, then went to the Dollar store and bought these frame less frames. I originally wanted big chunky colourful frames... but they were much more expensive... so these will do!

Here is the finished product:



The sofa is new, and needs a cover... gift from mom and dad!!! (thank you)

Here are some other pictures of my playroom.... again still not finished, but slowly working on it!!!


After uploading the pictures I realized how bad they look, go over and take a look at the artwork, they are bright and beautiful!!! (my favorite is the orange one on the left, you are my sunshine)

So if you are looking for some cool artwork, for free check it out... JUST REMEMBER that this is her original work and CAN NOT be sold. Thank you for respecting that!!!

xoxo Kati

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I have that same "ABCD" frame in my son's room. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing in in the picture of your son's room... I still love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like them all grouped up together. The playroom is looking so cute.

    ReplyDelete