Saturday, August 14, 2010

Zippered Pouches

Yesterday my mom and I went to the fabric store as they had 50% off (I know right!) so I did buy just a few more things, some bamboo handles... cause I need some for the purse I designed, a magnetic closure and some zippers....

Okay I am new to sewing....

and I have never. ever. ever put a zipper into anything...

So my mom showed me...

and thus my zippered pouches.






I now have a new make-up bag (which I HEART) and a few more like these....

I wanted to make a bunch of them so that I could practice. Each on has a really great funky print and the inside is

So these will be up in my store later this week.


But tomorrow we are heading out... to enjoy each other... we even did our grocery shopping tonight... where Peyton took her diaper off right at the check out... (hand to forehead) oh well... I laughed. Nobody else did, but hey, she is my princess...


Have a great weekend. I will announce the winner tomorrow for the Giveaway.
xoxo kati

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I totally need to make a bunch for practice, too. Did you have a favorite tutorial? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No this was no tutorial, this was just me sitting dow with fabric, and pins, and my mom saying... "so you will just sew the zipper like this... now I have to go home and make dinner... call me when your done...." But once she explained what you do it all made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't Mum's just great!?? These purses are beautiful!

    I'd love if you linked them up to my Round Tuit party at:

    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2010/08/round-tuit-10.html

    Have a great week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! love that the insides are different. wish I could sew...
    Thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays" @ New Nostalgia! Would love to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jill you got it! and Amy no problem... I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete