Wednesday, August 4, 2010

AHHH! My First Guest Blogger!!! Meet Crystal


Hi Everyone! I am so excited to blog swap with Kati today. I just love her cute blog and great craft ideas.


I am Crystal from Crystal's Craft Spot. Its my little spot to share my current craft projects, tutorials, recipes, and ideas I want to use in the future. I have also started a craft challenge every Wednesday and Feature yourself Friday that I would love for you to join. I try to post something new almost everyday and I enjoy a variety of crafts. It is my way to relax and take a break from a busy day. Here's a little more about me: I've been married for 5 1/2 years to the greatest guy ever.


I am a stay at home mom of two adorable little girls (4 and 2). I teach my daughter preschool at home and we post our fun activities and crafts on our preschool blog.


I love to read, and watch movies


I love Blogs! I love looking at others for crafty inspiration, I love staying in touch with old friends and making new friends
Here are some of my favorite projects you will find on my blog:




Now for the fun part!  Today I'm going to share with you how to make a simple growth chart.  I LOVE growth charts and have been wanting one for a long time.  However I just couldn't bring myself to pay for one.  (sad I know).  Recently I saw a board laying around and I knew it would be perfect for this project. I made mine to fit all of our kids measurements on one board (fun to compare!).  With that in mind I made mine gender neutral (maybe one day we will have a boy:) and with plenty of space to write.  I love this project because you can easily customize it to fit your taste and decor.   Here's how I made mine.





You need:


 a long board (what ever size you want)


paint


paint pen


pattern paper


mod podge






Paint your board.  Sand the edges to distress a bit




Decide what number you want to start and stop on.  Mine goes from 1.5 feet to 6 feet.  Use a paint pen to mark your lines, I did every inch.




Cut out your numbers from pattern paper.  I used my cricut but you can easily do it by hand or with the computer.  Attach with mod podge.  (apply a layer on your board. Place your paper where you want it. Then apply another layer of top of your paper.)  You can embellish it any way you want.  My board is really skinny so I kept it simple.  Remember you want room to write your children's measurements.






Here's my finished board.  I still need to attach a hook or ribbon to the back to hang.






Come by Crystal's Craft Spot anytime for more crafts and tutorial. Thanks again for letting me stop by. Its been a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love that pink table! And fabric high chairs?! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the growth chart is fabulous I was just thinking that I need to find one of these as all I can find is paper ones that are too "cutesy" ... PERFECT... now I just have to be crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, I LOVE your growth chart!

    Kati, love your blog! :)

    Sarah
    http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete