Friday, August 13, 2010

Guest Post from Crafting and Creativity

Good day guys, I am so excited to introduce you to Sarah and her wonderful blog...


I'm thrilled to be swapping with Kati today! She has such a great blog that I enjoy visiting!!


I'm Sarah. I have been married to by husband and best friend for just about 5 years. We are lucky to have 2 wonderful kids. Our son is 2 and a half and our daughter is 4 months old. I have been blogging for nearly 3 years now. Last month I decided started a new blog to showcase all the crafts and creative things I have made: Crafting and Creativity!

Crafting and Creativity Button

Since my daughter was born I have been busy making her dozens of embellishments to add to her headbands. It is a new obsession of mine...

I'm getting more sewing projects done lately since I recently got a sewing machine! I have shared some tutorials on my blog for making fun hair things, like this fabric headband , for my little girl:
I recently shared this project where I made a nursing cover out of a skirt that I had sitting in my closet. I was happy with the result:

I have been scrapbooking for more than 8 years and I love projects that I can make using my every-growing scrapbook stash, like marble magnets as well as things for my home like this bird wall art I made for my daughter's room:


I also to like do some sewing projects for my kids, or to give away as baby gifts, like this diaper holder and wipes case set. The bird stuffed toy was something I made by hand when I was expecting my daughter...


And I love creating fun projects for my son's room like this monogram using PENCIL CRAYONS! How adorable is that?!




I love "nesting"! Making our house into a home makes me so happy. I shared pictures of what our son's room looks like:


And I also gave a tour of what we did to our daughter's room before she was born:

So come and follow along as I share the projects that give me the creative outlet I need when I am not busy with my little family. The best is yet to come!

Thanks again Kati for having me, this has been fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. I Love those hair pins! My cousin uses things like this for her daughter. She doesn't have much hair :)

    ReplyDelete