Friday, August 20, 2010

A new purse for an evening out...

So way back in February when I had my back surgery, Chris and I also had our 3 year wedding anniversary..... BBBUUUUUTTT.... I forgot.... However I think that back surgery exempts you from lots of things including remembering your anniversary.... I remembered at about 1pm that afternoon... and called him quickly to say sorry....





That's okay.

Tonight we are going to one of my favorite performers Michael Buble, I love him and his.... um... music (and gosh is he good looking)

So we are spending the night in a really nice hotel in the city, (I live about 45 minutes from Vancouver the city.... for those of you who don't know BC very well.)

Outfit (check)
Shoes (check)
Hair and Make-up (check)
Purse....

Um....

Well I have this one that my mom gave me for my grade 9 Christmas dance....

HMMMM.... I want something different, bright and funky!!!

So I took my bag of scraps and cut 28 1.5 x 2.5inch rectangles and arranged them in whatever I thought looked good... because I always go for bright bold patterns this little clutch took a new life of it's own.





I just used whatever I had and did 2 rows, I lined it with some tie die pink and gave it a little pocket for lipstick, my bff Holly gave me some clothes the other day and instead of wearing them I am cutting them up (sorry.) But that is where the blue jean came from, just old painters pants... and I love the extra embellishments.... the little pink circle is from Sophie's Pillow.... I made a mistake (okay A LOT of mistakes) creating that pillow and one of them was I ironed on Sophie backwards.... up late+ no coffee= DO NOT SEW!

So here is the little clutch...






I AM SO IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!

So I am off to shower and actually do my hair and make-up... cause this week I just was not feeling it.

Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Totally cute! I love it! AND I hope you enjoy Mr. Buble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Have loads of fun at the concert. I am definitely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so cute! Love the bright colors!

    Thanks for linking up at Craftastical!

    ReplyDelete