Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The New but Old Dresser



When I found out I was pregnant I knew I what I wanted as a theme for my babies room. I have always loved the stars and moon, my grandma who lives in Alabama (and I in Vancouver Canada) said when we moved here that no matter where I am in the world I can always look up to the moon and know we are looking at the same moon, the same stars and we can do that together every night. This created an obsession of staying up all night looking at the beautiful.

For Joshua's nursery I painted two walls a bright blue and two walls a navy blue, I then stenciled stars on the wall... I then took my dresser from when I was a little girl which was white and painted the navy blue for the dresser and the light blue for the drawers. I took the stencils and did the stars on the dresser. I loved this look so much that when we moved I re-did the room in our new house. But again we moved and it is time for a change and to move on. So I gave the dresser back to my dad who is the most amazing wood worker and he revamped it.

I chose a bright red for the dresser as Joshua's new room is in a red white and navy blue, and I wanted new metal cup handles. My dad fixed the drawers and as well as plugged the old holes for the handles and painted the whole dresser with a special plastic paint that makes it so that it is highly durable.

While I am still working on his room and waiting for Chris to paint at least the dresser is done... so here after all that take a look!!!

Before and after!

As before EVERY POST WILL HAVE A GIVEAWAY! You must become a follower and make a comment. On Saturday of every week I will pick a winner from each post with comments... once we hit 25 followers I will do a big giveaway....

Linking up to:

Creations by Kara

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the new look! What will the theme be? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well now that the blue dresser is now the red dresser... I am pulling the vintage train posters and plane pictures I have been saving... lots of old advertisments etc... so Vintage theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bold red color!! The paint and new furnishings makes a huge different. The end result is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fire hot red! Nice choice. I love how you changed the handles. Such a nice touch! Great job!

    Justine
    http://justbettertogether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, SUCH an improvement! nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great transformation! It looks amazing =D

    ReplyDelete