Monday, October 11, 2010

Tinkerbell Costume



Well to my fellow Canadians Happy Thanksgiving! Now on to the fun stuff.

Peyton wanted to be Tinkerbell for Halloween, and really it was the day I had dreamed of. I would one day have a little girl and I could make her all these great costumes.... well that day has come and this is what I created.

TINKERBELL for a 2 year old.





I don't have a tutorial and I will tell you why. I had no rhyme mor reason when I created this. It literally is what happens when you leave me alone for an hour with a sewing machine, sissors and fabric... I used:

1.5 meters of both greens
.3 of a meter of the pink
sequins 1.5 meters

(and my secret... a tutu from the spring... because I was going to make a green tutu but they were all out of the green and all they had was pink... so I bought a little more and added it on the shoulders. The tutu is seperate and can be taken off and worn with other costumes or for ballet... and then the tinkerbell outfit can be less puffy)

This is so super easy and now that I have made it I think I might sit down and draw a tutorial. I am not kidding it took an hour and that is with me trying to fiqure out what I was going to do.

Well I hope you like it... Peyton sure did! I am linking to all of these plus my usual links on the side.

Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Making
Between Naps on the Porch

The Girl Creative

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you Canadians! Here in the states we still have a month and a half to go.

    Totally cute costumes!!!


    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so adorable! Olivia is going to be tinkerbell this year too! Thanks for sharing this I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make hers. This gave me a few good ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! Some of the best projects are born without a real plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw so cute! Good job momma! Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! My daughter loves tinkerbell. Visiting from its so cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! You really are a very talented sewer!!

    Thanks so much for linking this to A Round Tuit!

    Have a great weekend!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally precious!! I love the ruffles! I am so excited to be your newest follower of your adorable blog, and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to show off your sweet creations at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete